So what's an elliptical bicycle? At its core, the ElliptiGO 8S is a fitness device that emulates running outdoors without the associated impact. The ElliptiGO 8S combines the best of running, cycling and the elliptical trainer to deliver a low-impact, high performance workout - outdoors.
Many different names for the product have emerged recently, including elliptical exercise cycle, stand-up bike, mobile elliptical trainer, mobile cross-trainer, and outdoor elliptical trainer. Regardless of the moniker, there are four fundamental attributes of an elliptical bicycle:
- 1. It is used outdoors
- 2. It has two wheels
- 3. It is propelled by an elliptical motion that emulates running
- 4. It performs similarly to a conventional road bike in terms of speed and handling
- Wheelbase: 54" (137 cm) Stride length: 16 - 25" (41 - 64 cm) Operating height: 50 - 57" (127 - 147 cm) Weight: 40 pounds
- Cruising Speed: 15 mph (24 kph) Sprinting Speed: 23+ mph (37+ kph)
- Total Length: 75" (190.5 cm)
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.