Nominate the teacher who makes a difference.
Have you ever had a teacher who has changed your life and made you want to learn? Now you can give something back to that teacher who has given you so much. Edinboro University of PA and JET 24 want to reward teachers who are going above and beyond the standard. Each week, an area teacher will be selected to receive the Golden Apple Award and will be profiled on JET 24 Action News Wednesdays at 6pm and Thursday mornings during Good Morning Erie between 5:30 and 7:00 am. These weekly winners will be selected from your nominations by a panel of judges. At the end of the school year, a Teacher of the Year will be chosen from weekly winners.
Rules & Regulations
1) The Edinboro University of PA JET 24 Golden Apple Award is open to any teacher, grades pre-school through high school, teaching in the Erie Television Market Viewing Area.
2) The nominator must be a student living in the above areas. The teacher being nominated must be in the above listed areas also.
3) To nominate a teacher for the Golden Apple Award you must:
a) Write a one page, 250-word nomination letter using this form or an 8.5"x11" sheet of white paper. Nomination letters should be typed or neatly printed.
b) Include the teacher's name, grade, subject, principal's name, school name and phone number, along with your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
4) The nomination should be based on outstanding teaching methods and not extracurricular activities.
5) Mail entry form to:
Golden Apple Award
c/o JET 24
8455 Peach Street
Erie PA 16509
or go to YourErie.com Contests & Promotions and click on Golden Apple
6) The decision of the judges is final.
7) By submitting a nomination you hereby grant JET 24, YourErie.com, Edinboro University and any third party they may authorize, the right to photograph me and/or make recordings of my voice, and the right to use and/or license for use said reproductions of my physical likeness and/or recordings of my voice in or in connections with exhibitions, theatrical productions, motion pictures, magazines, newspapers or other publications or on television or radio.