Residents in the downtown high rise saw the smoke and flames from their apartment windows.
The rig pulled up to the front of the building at about 7 30 this morning.
Medics entered the building to find their patient and by the time they came out the rig was in flames.
Erie fire inspector Guy Santone said the fire started when a portable flood light was left on inside the rig.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.