Summit fire chief Gig King was told by a neighbor a dog was inside and King went into the structure and rescued the animal. The family pet was transported to a vet. no word as to the extent of the injuries but the animal was conscious.
Conneaut Lake Park Fire Chief Jon Garland stated there was heavy smoke and fire damage to the residence. The owners were not home at the time of the blaze and a friend was house sitting for the family.
No other injuries were reported on scene.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.