MAY 12, 2014-- Crews from 9 different fire departments and police were called to the scene at the Barnett Building just after 2 PM for a fire and an explosion in one of the residences. Albion police say they believe the apartment involved was a potential meth lab. One man who was inside the second floor apartment was sent to UPMC Hamot with severe acid burns. He was then transported to Pittsburgh for treatment. The damage was contained to one apartment. The building of about 110 residents was evacuated. Residents in the north wing of the senior living and section 8 apartment complex were out of the building for a few hours following the explosion while police investigated. A clan lab team went into the apartment and collected evidence. They also looked around a dumpster in the buildings parking lot. The man who is the resident of the apartment where the explosion happened is cooperating with police. Witnesses say they heard a loud noise that sounded like the building was exploding. The investigation is still ongoing.