Petit hosted a briefing to outline details of regional projects made possible by Act 89, signed into law in November.
Governor Tom Corbett announced today that statewide, more than $2.1 billion in highway and bridge projects will begin in 2014, $600 million more than what would have been available without Act 89. More than 250 of roughly 900 projects are beginning this year due to Act 89.
“Funding from Act 89 will enable us to make significant progress in addressing highway, bridge and transit needs across our region,” Petit said.
Petit noted that with Act 89, 20 additional projects will start this year.
Those projects will enable PennDOT to resurface more than 137 miles of non-interstate roads in the region comprised of Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango and Warren Counties.
The projects will also rehabilitate five bridges to add decades to their service lives, and reopen one bridge that was closed due to deterioration.
Petit said the district will also begin 52 other projects this year.
Those other projects will enable District 1 to construct the region’s first roundabout on Route 19 and 97 in Erie County, and rehabilitate bridges on Route 98 and West 38th Street in Erie County. Projects will add an on-ramp and off-ramp to the I-376/Route 318 interchange in Mercer County and rehabilitate the Route 18 bridge over the Shenango Reservoir.
“We are confident that using the resources, made possible by the bipartisan consensus reached by Governor Corbett and the Legislature, PennDOT is in position to fix the damage caused by the severe winter weather and repair many more roads in our region,” Petit said.
By its fifth year, Act 89 will generate an additional $2.3 billion to $2.4 billion a year in added statewide transportation investment across all modes.
Act 89 Funded - $36 Million Pavement Improvement Program
2014 – Northwest Region
Crawford County Resurfacing
• Route 285 from Conneaut Lake to Route 19 in Sadsbury, East Fallowfield and
Greenwood townships (8.32 miles) – Summer Start
• Route 322 from the West Mead Township line to Cochranton in East Fairfield Township
(4 miles) – Summer Start.
Erie County Resurfacing
• Route 5 from near Mill Street to Dewey Road, North East Township (2.82 miles) -
• Route 18 from the Erie/Crawford County line to State Street, Albion Borough,
Conneaut Township (2.88 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 6 from Washington Street in Corry to the Erie/Warren County line, City of Corry
(3.77 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 20 from the Ohio line to Steenburg Road, Springfield Township (3.29 miles) -
• Route 8 from Main Street Union City Borough to Waterford Road, Union, Amity
townships (3.62 miles) – Summer Start.
• Route 19 from Route 6N to Route 97, LeBoeuf and Waterford Townships (3.78 miles) -
• Route 97 from Route 8 to Route 19, Union, LeBoeuf and Waterford townships and
Union City Borough (5.5 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 4010 (Hershey Road) from Grubb Road to Route 19, Summit, McKean and
Millcreek townships (3.14 miles) – Summer Start
• Route 4011 (Grubb Road) from Hershey Road to McKean Township, Millcreek
Township (0.47 miles) – Summer Start
• Route 4022 (Townhall Road) from Route 19 to Route 97, Summit Township (2.24
miles) – Summer Start
• Route 5 (Restoration Project) from Dewey Road to the New York State line in North
East Township (2.05 miles) – Start in 2015
Forest County Resurfacing
• Route 227 from the Venango/Forest County line to Flemming Hill Road, Harmony
Township (4.92 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 3004 (Guittonville Road) from Jones Farm Road to Route 66, Jenks and
Green townships (6.28 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 4001 (Neilltown Road) from Route 36 to the Warren County line, Harmony
Township (7.45 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 127 from Route 62 to the Warren County line, Harmony Township (4.63 miles)
- Summer Start
Mercer County Resurfacing
• Route 358 from I-79 interchange to Route 62, New Vernon, Lake and Sandy Lake
townships and Sandy Lake Borough (4.58 miles) - Spring Start
• Route 2021 (Hendersonville Road) from Kilgore Road to Route 173, Sandy Lake
and Worth townships, and Sandy Lake Borough (7.51 miles) - Spring Start
• Route 62 from Valley Road to Market Street in Mercer Borough, East Lackwannock
Township, Mercer Borough (5.26 miles) -- Summer Start
• Route 158 from Beaver Run to Shenango Street in Mercer Borough, East
Lackawannock Township, Mercer Borough (1.99 miles) -- Summer Start
• Route 258 from PA 208 to Hope Mill Road in Mercer Borough, Springfield, Findley and
East Lackawannock townships and Mercer Borough (6.97 miles) - Summer Start
Venango County Resurfacing
• Route 308 from the Venango/Butler County line to Old Route 8, Clinton and Irwin
townships and Clintonville Borough (7.91 miles) – Summer Start
• Route 322 from McCleery Road in Wyattville to the Sugarcreek Borough line, Canal
Township (5 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 8 from Route 227 to Horn RRoad, Rouseville Borough, Cornplanter Township, Oil
City (4.38 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 27 from Route 36 to the Venango/Crawford County line, Oil Creek Township,
Pleasantville Borough (3.39 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 62 from Front Street to Riverside Drive, Oil City (1.02 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 227 from Route 8 to Grandview Road, Rouseville Borough and Cornplanter
Township (2.63 miles) - Summer Start
Warren County Resurfacing
• Route 62 from near Cobham Hill Road to Clark Run Bridge, Watson Township (2.7
miles) - Summer Start
• Route 3001 (Old Creek Road) from Cobb Road to Old Route 77, Spring Creek
Township (3.39 miles), Summer Start
• Route 4001 (Picadilly Hill Road) from PA 426 to Old Route 77, Columbus and Spring
Creek townships (6.15 miles) - Summer Start
• Route 4002 (Whitney Run Road) from the Erie/Warren County line to Old Route 77,
Spring Creek Township (2.36 miles) -- Summer Start
• Route 6 from Barton Run to Youngsville, Pittsfield and
Brokenstraw townships and Youngsville Borough (3,51 miles) Summe
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.