It was a close call for one family Saturday.
Crews responded to a call of a fire in the 900 block of West 36th Street around 9:30 Saturday morning.
Erie firefighters told us someone threw out an ashtray before it was completely put out.
That caused the trash can to start on fire.
The flames didn't travel to any other rooms throughout the house.
Officials said they quickly look care of the situation.
No one was injured.
The Erie County Gaming Revenue Authority Board of Directors is…
The city of Erie releases the financial damage of the clean-up after…
The president is expected to make his way to the Commonwealth this…