Smoke in building causes evacuation of Harborcreek medical facility

ERIE, Pa. -- Staff and clients were forced out of a Harborcreek medical facility after smoke started filling a room inside the building.

Fire crews were called to Hamot Medical Park in 5000 block of Buffalo Road around 10 a.m. Monday.

Brookside Fire Co. chief Campy Dahlkemper said a broken belt in the HVAC unit caused smoke to enter the building.

The building was ventilated and deemed safe for re-entry after an hour.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • 2018 YourErie.com Golf Pass
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Home for the Holidays Contest
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Bianchi Honda SkyCam Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Contests

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center