West Grandview fire

A fast-moving fire engulfing a one-story home in Belle Valley, sending more than half a dozen departments to respond.

An elderly man was inside his home when the fire broke out in the 200 block of West Grandview Boulevard just before 5:15 this morning.  The man woke to the sounds of smoke alarms.  he went outside and saw heavy smoke coming from around his home.  He tried to go back inside to get his dog, but the smoke was too thick.  Crews arrived a short time later to flames shooting through the roof.

Belle Valley's Assistant Chief, Tom Krahnke, Jr. says, "No one's able to live inside it with the bulk of the fire that there was.... yes, extensive damage... water and fire."

The man made it out safely and without injury.  It's believed that his dog did not make it out.  There is no word on a cause at this time.

    


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center