Meadville Home Destroyed by Fire

Published 03/28 2014 08:14AM

Updated 03/28 2014 05:37PM

March 28, 2014

Two adults and four young kids escaped a house fire in Meadville in Crawford County Friday morning.

Crews were on the roof containing smoke and flames at 409 Arch Street in Meadville. Four departments were dispatched to the fire and were able to quickly contain the flames. The fire chief says a kerosene heater sparked the blaze. That's how the family was heating the house at the time. The fire began downstairs, but the entire upstairs is gutted.

Firefighters say the home is likely a total loss. We've also learned that two dogs died in the fire.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business