43°F
Sponsored by

News

Conneaut Lake Fire

A family's home is destroyed by fire this morning but they're thankful everything that couldn't be replaced made it out safely.
A family's home is destroyed by fire this morning but they're thankful everything that couldn't be replaced made it out safely.

Heavy smoke could be scene when crews arrived on the scene about 9:45 this morning at 6361 Lake Road just southwest of Conneaut Lake.

Conneaut Lake, Vernon Central and Greenwood Fire departments responded to the fire.

Mike Betts, the fire chief for Conneaut Lake says a woman was cooking breakfast when the bacon grease caught fire.

There is heavy damage to the mobile home and it's most likely a total loss.

The good news is that all 5 family members escaped safely and since they were already in the process of packing up totes preparing to move to a new house they were able to rescue all their pictures and some valuables.


Page: [[$index + 1]]

Pinpoint Doppler