38°F
Sponsored by

News

Erie From The Air, Then And Now

We're heading to the sky for this trip along Route 24, its a look at Erie, then and now.
We're heading to the sky for this trip along Route 24, its a look at Erie, then and now.
Since the mid 1940’s, thru the late 80's Bus Scott took his many cameras and headed to the sky.
He shot thousands of pictures of Erie back in the day, so we took a few of those pictures and took the air to compare.
Some of the pictures Bus Scott snapped are of the old Kearsarge Airport which later became known as Squires Farm then in the early 1970’s, the Millcreek Mall was built there.
There’s a look at Niagara Pier before condo's took over the land.
Then an image of the Erie Yacht Club with the old clubhouse, the new clubhouse was built in 1968.
And we take a look at Mercyhurst College in the 1940's.
The college was built 12 blocks outside the city limits, were there was nothing but farmland in the area, but the Sisters were told they needed to build the college on a hill, and this was the only spot in Erie that had a hill.


Page: [[$index + 1]]

Pinpoint Doppler