Cause Determined For Ash Street VFW Fire

Published 02/17 2014 03:41PM

Updated 02/17 2014 06:08PM

Officials say a fire at the VFW on Ash Street was caused by faulty electrical wiring.

According to Erie firefighters they were called to the scene just before four a-m Sunday morning where heavy smoke was pouring from the first floor.

The firefighters could not find the fire at first and when they began to fight the blaze the floor collapsed beneath one firefighter..

The firefighter fell five feet onto a desk

Luckily crews were able to quickly remove the firefighter from the building.

He was not injured and returned to duty.

Officials say the wiring was burned through the floor and there was a lot charring.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business