Man Escapes Garage Fire in Venango County

Published 06/10 2014 05:26AM

Updated 06/10 2014 08:00AM

June 10, 2014- One man wasn't seriously injured when his garage caught on fire.

Utica fire department was called to 1585 Utica Road shortly after 10 PM for that structure fire.

Upon arriving on scene, Utica Fire Chief Chris Bell stated the structure was fully engulfed in flames.
That prompted additional fire departments to be called in to assist including Cooperstown and Cochranton.

Chief Bell went on to state that the fire was started when the owner was repairing a gasoline line in a pick up truck located inside the garage.
Once the line was disconnected gasoline splashed into his eyes and he exited the building.
The trouble light on the floor had some fuel leakage on to it causing the first explosion.
Multiple propane cylinders located inside the structure also caused explosions.

The fire was able to be contained to the garage and did not reach the dwelling.
The damage to the residence was limited to a few broken windows caused by explosion impacts.

The owner suffered a few minor burns to his hands and no other injuries were reported on scene.
His garage is considered a total loss.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business