Meadville Family Escapes Burning House

Published 03/28 2014 05:38PM

Updated 03/28 2014 08:39PM

A Meadville family of 6 lost everything they own after fire ripped through their Arch Street home early this morning.

Jon & Brooke Hines, along with their 4 young boys were asleep in their second floor bedroom when their 5 year old heard noises downstairs and then the smoke alarms.

He was able to wake up his parents, but the fire had spread to the stairwell.

Both parents grabbed the boys and ran through the smoke and flames to get outside. Everyone is OK.

The fire apparently started with a kerosene heater that the family was using to heat the house.

2 pet dogs were lost in the fire.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business