Dr. Wecht has been involved in thousands of high-profile cases, including:
· murders of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman
· Mary Jo Kopechne’s fatal accident at Chappaquiddick
· prosecution and subsequent acquittal of Claus von Bulow
· Waco Branch Davidian fire
· suicide of Vincent Foster
· mysterious murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Dr. Wecht’s presentation in being held in conjunction with UPMC Hamot’s 2014 Research Days, an annual program dedicated to advancing medical knowledge and science in the community. This year, Research Days is themed “Forensics in Medicine, Using Information to Clarify Disease and Injury” and Dr. Wecht also will provide a keynote address for UPMC Hamot leaders, physicians, staff, residents, and students.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.