2 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2 Tablespoons Chili powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups half and half cream
¼ cup orange juice
1-2 teaspoons Garam Masala seasoning
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
· Peel and cube the squash and place on roasting tray.
· Coat with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder evenly…tossing to make sure to coat all of the squash.
· Bake in oven for about 1 hour or until squash is nicely browned and fork tender.
· Place soft baked squash into blender or food processor with 1 cup chicken broth and puree until smooth.
· Transfer to soup pot and heat over medium heat, adding the remaining chicken broth.
· Stir in the cream, orange juice and garam masala seasonings and simmer about 10 minutes to combine the flavors.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.