2 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2 Tablespoons Chili powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups half and half cream
¼ cup orange juice
1-2 teaspoons Garam Masala seasoning
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
· Peel and cube the squash and place on roasting tray.
· Coat with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder evenly…tossing to make sure to coat all of the squash.
· Bake in oven for about 1 hour or until squash is nicely browned and fork tender.
· Place soft baked squash into blender or food processor with 1 cup chicken broth and puree until smooth.
· Transfer to soup pot and heat over medium heat, adding the remaining chicken broth.
· Stir in the cream, orange juice and garam masala seasonings and simmer about 10 minutes to combine the flavors.