1 # ground lean turkey
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese sticks
· Combine all ingredients except the cheese
· Form into small balls, about ¼ cup each
· Cut cheese stick into 8 slices
· Put a piece of cheese into the center of the meat, then flatten to form a small patty.
· Grill on low to medium heat until center temperature reaches 165 degrees, flipping burgers half way through cook time.
· Serve with mini buns and top with your favorite toppings as suggested below:
All American Slider: Top with ketchup, mustard, pickle, lettuce, tomato, and caramelized onions
South of the Border Slider: Top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream
Hawaiian Slider: Top with Pineapple and BBQ sauce
Mediterranean Slider: Top with pesto and roasted red peppers.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.