4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped green onion
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
½ stick butter, chilled
1 egg, beaten
½ cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoon olive oil
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
· Flatten the chicken to ¼ inch thickness by pounding between wax paper.
· Sprinkle each chicken breast with parsley, onion and garlic.
· Place 1 Tablespoon butter on the center of each chicken breast.
· Roll up each chicken breast, tucking in sides to prevent butter and herbs from coming out. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
· Beat egg and place in shallow pan.
· Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese in a shallow pan.
· In another shallow pan combine flour, salt and pepper.
· Dip each chicken piece in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place in a baking dish coated with non stick spray.
· Drizzle with olive oil and bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.