¼ cup crushed corn flakes cereal
½ cup crushed cheese-flavored crackers
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons water
zucchini, cut into ¼ inch thick strips
Ingredients for Italian-spice coating:
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
· In a shallow dish, stir together the dry ingredients.
· In another dish, stir together egg whites and water.
· Dip zucchini (or any vegetable!) into the egg mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture, gently pressing the crumbs onto the vegetables.
· Place on baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
· Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and coating is crisp and golden brown.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.