A perfect accompaniment to Sunday brunch or a sweet treat for any day of the week!
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 loaves of uncooked bread dough
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
· Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of well greased 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
· In a small bowl stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
· Cut bread dough into small pieces. Roll each piece in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and place in prepared pan, arranging pieces to fill the pan evenly.
· In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter; pour over biscuits.
· Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until dark golden brown and top springs back when gently touched.
· Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
· Invert onto a serving platter. Frost with glaze or cream cheese frosting IF desired.
· Serve warm.
Much lower in fat and calories without the crust!
2 cups of your favorite vegetables (spinach, onion, green pepper, red pepper, asparagus, broccoli, etc. )
½ cup skim milk
1 cup low fat shredded cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
· Spray a round glass pie pan or square 9x9 pan with non stick spray.
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Layer the vegetables into the pan.
· Sprinkle with cheese.
· In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
· Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
· Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until center is set.
· Let quiche rest 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.