Juice of ½ lemon
½ shallot, chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 bunches kale, leaves shredded or finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
½ cup chopped dates, or dried cranberries
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· In a salad bowl, whisk the lemon juice, the shallot, honey, salt and pepper flakes.
· Add the kale and toss. Let rest 15-20 minutes then mix in oil.
· Toast almonds over medium heat until brown…being careful not to burn them.
· Add almonds, chopped dates and Parmesan cheese just before serving.
· This salad can be made 1-2 days in advance and will not wilt.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.