3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup shredded coconut
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla or maple extract
2 cups chopped pecans
· Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
· Combine oats, coconut, flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in bowl and set aside.
· Combine butter and maple syrup in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter melts. Set aside.
· Combine boiling water and baking soda and stir to dissolve. Add this to the maple syrup mixture.
· Add vanilla or maple extract and stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and blend.
· Stir in the pecans.
· Roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet, flatten slightly.
· Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.