2 cups oatmeal
½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup tahini paste
4 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray pans with non stick spray.
· Whisk oats, flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
· Beat the tahini and butter in a large mixing bowl on low speed until well blended.
· Add sugars and continue to blend until combined.
· Blend in the egg, then the egg white and vanilla.
· Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened and add the chocolate chips and nuts.
· Roll 1 Tablespoon of the batter into a ball and place on cookie sheets.
· Flatten with bottom of a cup or a spoon.
· Bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
100 calories each
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.