1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 diced onion
½ cup diced green bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups pureed pumpkin
2 cups chicken broth
1-2 Tablespoons chili powder
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
· Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat and sauté the onion, peppers and garlic until tender.
· Add the ground turkey and cook until brown.
· Mix in the tomatoes, pumpkin and broth.
· Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
· Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
· Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.