2 cups cooked rice
2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1 pound shrimp, uncooked
1 ½ cups white sauce (see recipe below)
½ cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
¼ cup diced onions
2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non stick spray.
· Spread the bottom of the baking dish with the cooked rice and top with broccoli and shrimp.
· In a separate bowl, combine the white sauce, cheese, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings.
· Pour over shrimp, rice and broccoli.
· Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until shrimp is pink in color and no longer translucent.
· Serves 4-6.
How to make a white sauce:
· Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in small saucepan on medium heat.
· Add 2 Tablespoons flour, whisking to combine
· Once smooth, gradually add 1 cup low fat milk, whisking until mixture is the desired consistency. Add more milk if mixture is too thick. A white sauce is generally the consistency of gravy.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.