6 fresh bell peppers, red, yellow, orange or green
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced red peppers
¼ cup green chile peppers
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon cumin
2 cups salsa
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
· Cut green/orange/yellow or red peppers into half and remove seeds and stem.
· In a large bowl, mix the following ingredients:
·3 cups cooked brown rice
·1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
·1 cup frozen corn
·¼ cup diced red peppers
·½ cup diced onions
·¼ cup green chile peppers
·½ teaspoon ground cumin
·1 teaspoon dried oregano
·1 teaspoon minced garlic
· Fill each pepper with rice mixture – about 1 cup per pepper.
· Spray baking dish with non stick spray, put peppers into pan.
· Put ½ cup Salsa over each pepper
· Sprinkle with jalapeno cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, or cheddar cheese
· Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes until peppers are soft and filling hot.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.