8 ounces cream cheese or Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup strong coffee
1 1/2 tablespoon coffee liqueur (optional)
1 angel food cake, loaf prepared
dark chocolate, grated
· Line a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2" loaf pan with a sheet of plastic wrap (about 24" long).
· Beat together cream cheese, sugar, cream, and vanilla until smooth.
· Combine coffee and liquor (if desired).
· Slice cake horizontally into 4 layers using a serrated knife.
· Brush coffee mixture over both sides of each cake layer.
· Place one cake layer in the bottom of the prepared pan and spread evenly with 1/3 cup of cream cheese mixture.
· Sprinkle with 1/4 of the grated chocolate.
· Repeat with remaining layers, BUT reserve 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture and 1/4 of the chocolate for the top of the cake.
· Fold plastic wrap over the top and gently press to make cake level.
· Chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
· Unwrap the top of the cake and invert onto a plate. Remove plastic wrap.
· Spread reserved cream cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
· Refrigerate or freeze, then slice and serve!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.