DILL CRUSTED SALMON
Ingredients:1 lb Fresh Salmon Filet (Atlantic) approx. 1.25" thickNote: fish may come w/ scales. Place scale side down? cup fresh dill- finely chopped (dont pack down)5 rounded tbsp of Miracle Whip Light ? cup fine unseasoned bread crumbs? cup 1% Milk Basic Preparation of ingredients:-Rinse salmon in cold water; pat dry and set asideRemove dill sprigs from main stockand finely chopHave all ingredients measured and ready except Miracle Whip which can be measured from original container
Preparation of crust:
In a mixing bowl combine Miracle Whip with dill & mix well
Add 1/3 of bread crumbs at a time until fully incorporated Mix will be stiff
Set aside for 15 minutes. After 5 minutes mix should be stiff enough to hold up a teaspoon- if not- add a little more bread crumbs, wait 5 min., and recheck for stiffness
*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and adjust rack to center
Ready for oven:
Place salmon in an 8x8x2 baking dish sprayed with unseasoned cooking spray
Add milk to dill mixture in small increments; mixing well each time until mix becomes spread able. Starting with 1-2 tbsp., spread mix evenly over entire top of fish from one side to another. Check oven and place dish on center rack for 15-18 min.
Next, remove dish, and carefully reposition rack approx. 7" from broiler unit.
Replace dish on rack. Set oven to broil.
Crust should develop a golden brown appearance in about 8-10 min. Watch carefully.
After 5 min. turn dish full 180 degrees. This permits even browning of the crust.
When finished, remove and allow to set for 3 min. before cutting and serving.
Ingredients:8 oz. Chicken Cutlet(boneless breast pounded thin)1 oz. Diced Sweet White Onion2 oz. ? White PA Mushrooms? oz. Dried Cranberries? oz. Toasted Pine Nuts2 oz. Chicken Stock1 oz. Coconut Milk? oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oilbottle plum flavored Japanese saki wine Preparation Instructions:1. Flour both sides of chicken cutlet2. Place in hot saut? pan with olive oil3. Brown both sides4. Add diced onions, mushrooms, pine nuts, and cranberries5. Cook until pine nuts are golden brown6. Deglaze with plum saki7. Add chicken stock and coconut milk8. Cook an additional minute9. toss with pre-cooked pasta until hot10. Plate, serve, & ENJOY!!!!!
BARBECUE DRY RUB
Ingredients:1 C kosher salt1 C granulated sugar1 C Hungarian paprika1 C course ground black pepper 1 C granulated garlic1 Tbsp. Thyme1 Tbsp. Oregano2 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients until mixed well
- Generously rub (really rub it in!) evenly over choice of meat or vegetable
- Lightly oil your meat/veg. and marinate 2-3 hours (refrigerated)
- When ready, grill over open flame until done to your preference
- ENJOY !
Recommended barbecue items
Fresh salmon filets
Jumbo shrimp (peeled)
Chicken (boneless or bone-in)
Aged beef steaks (any cut) (USDA Prime Angus is preferred)
Fresh garden zucchini or squash (or both)
Corn on the cob
Rustic Italian Panzanella Salad
Salad Ingredients:1 loaf of two-day old bread, dry, coarsely chopped1 seedless cucumber, diced1 red AND 1 yellow Holland bell pepper, roasted or raw, diced or finely chopped1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced1 sweet or white onion, diced1-2 cups black olives, whole, diced, or sliced3-4 plum or roma tomatoes, diced or sliced1 lb. Boneless chicken breast, grilled; saut?ed on high heat, lightly seasoned, lightly oiled; or boiled; coarsely diced Dressing Ingredients:1 cup Extra Virgin olive oil1 oz. Red balsamic vinegar1 oz. White balsamic vinegar1 oz. Orange juice
Salad Preparation Instructions:Mix all salad ingredients (except chicken) in large bowl with dressing until ingredients are evenly coated. Add chicken pieces. Enjoy! Dressing Ingredients:Combine oil and vinegarsWhisk until emulsion is formedAdd orange juiceBriefly whisk until reformed
**Note: If you happened to have attended the Celebrate Erie Festival 04, and happened to take a leisurely stroll through the "Taste of Erie" organized by Chef Matthew on East Perry Square, you might have heard some boisterous calls coming from some young men at the Matthews Trattoria tent. If you were lucky, you might have strolled by while one of these boisterous calls was cried out with a message advertising "Fresh, Authentic, Italian Panzanella Salad Here!" The impression were equally boisterous, with taste-testers hailing their delight at this authentic Italian salad made fresh from scratch and served chilled in the dampening hot sun of one fantastic summer Sunday afternoon. We hope you and yours will find this recipe to be one for the card-holders, and we invite you to enjoy a few other rustic Italian dishes with us at our home, Downtown, at 153 East 13th Street, in good old Erie, PA.
Espresso Enhanced Veal Tenderloin Ingredients: 1 - 16oz. Veal Tenderloin Extra Virgin olive oil Kosher or iodized salt Fresh, coarsely cracked black peppercorn 1 - 1.5 oz. fresh Ground Espresso coffee beans* 1 oz. of freshly chopped garlic *Note: decaffeinated espresso beans may be substituted
1. Lightly rub veal tenderloin with oil
2. Touch with dash of salt & pepper
3. Finely coat tenderloin with ground espresso beans
4. Roast over open flame for 2-3 minutes per side
5. Place in hot oven or au gratin oven for 4-8 minutes (depending on preference)
6. Remove from oven. INTERNAL TEMPERATURE SHOULD BE 130-140 F.
7. Let rest for 5 minutes
8. Brush off excess espresso grounds
Serve and Enjoy!
-This type of preparation originated in the Peidmont region of Italy, and has become popular at trendy bistros and restaurants in New York, Chicago, and L.A. as well as a few other refined resort towns throughout the U.S.
- The espresso beans are not intended to give the meat a coffee-like flavor. The grounds simply enhance its natural flavor, or as some say, give it a more "earthy" taste.
- You will find this dish here in Erie only at Matthews Trattoria & Martini Lounge (and now , in your own backyards)! Please enjoy, and tell your friends about us!
TANZANIAN CHICKEN WITH CRAB
6 oz. Chicken Breast1 Chicken Leg1 oz. Butter2 oz Crab Lump2 oz. Diced Tomatoes2 pinches Curry Powder ? Cup Hollandaise2 White Asparagus Spears2 oz. White Wine1 oz. Shallots1 oz. Garlic
1. Heat Butter in saut? pan. Add Tomatoes, Curry Powder, Shallots, & Garlic, and Chicken leg. Heat through until internal temp of Chicken is 140OF.
2. Deglaze saut? pan with White wine, add Hollandaise sauce, and heat through.
3. Add grilled Chicken breast and crab meat. Heat completely through.
4. Place Chicken on dinner plate, top chicken with Crab meat mixture.
*Suggested serving with vegetable dujour and a starch.
8 oz. Walleye2 oz. Lemon Juice4 oz. White Wine2 oz. Olive Oil 2 oz. Seasoned Flour2 oz. Cubed Unsalted Butter1 oz. Shallots2 oz. Garlic
1. In saut? pan, heat Olive oil. Place Garlic & Shallots in Olive oil, heat till aroma.
2. Lightly coat Walleye in Seasoned flour. Add Walleye, cook for 3 minutes on both sides. Remove filet.
3. Deglaze pan with the White wine, add Lemon juice, and bring to simmer.
4. Add Butter to thicken sauce, place filet on large dinner plate, pour sauce over filet.
* Suggested serving with vegetable dujour and a starch.
Chicken, Beef, or Pork stock
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Brown Beef and Pork
Cover with stock
Add garlic and herbs
Simmer until ca
Place Beef in baking dish
Cover with Gravy
Top with Potatoes and Cheese
Pumpkin Pie Crunch
From the kitchen of Helen Stewart Cree
1 package Yellow Cake Mix
1 Can of Pumpkin
1 Can (16 oz.) Evaporated Milk
1 ? Cups Sugar
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup (2 sticks) butter or margari