Erie, Pa. (WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) — Downtown Erie will be packed with thousands of people for CelebrateErie festivities this weekend, and Flo Rida and Parmalee will be headlining Saturday and Sunday concerts.
CelebrateErie festivities are free and are located on State Street from 4th to 9th streets.
- Mambo at 5:30 p.m.
- Stephen Trohoske’s Dance JoneZz at 6:30 p.m.
- Erie All Stars tribute to Fleetwood Mac at 8 p.m.
- Life Thru Music at 5:30 p.m.
- The LEC at 6:30 p.m.
- Flo Rida at 8 p.m.
- Blue Sky a tribute to the Allman Brothers at 5:30 p.m.
- Refuge at 6:30 p.m.
- Parmalee at 8 p.m.
In addition to the national headliners, come early to watch the local opening acts, and a three-day lineup of local performers on three stages.
The Food District in West Perry Square will feature food trucks and vendors.
The Family District in East Perry Square will be home to the Family Stage which will feature dance and gymnastics acts, storytime and children’s yoga.
The Business District will feature Erie’s homegrown shops, businesses, and startups.
The Art District will showcase artwork of all kinds, including live demonstrations and displays by local artists.
The Culture District will have international food, artisans, and performances celebrating Erie’s diverse communities.
The Erie Insurance Marketplace will host vendors, artists, small businesses and more.
The Marquette Savings Bank Chalkwalk will showcase nearly 30 vibrant chalk drawings done by local artists.
- Wednesday, August 16 — 7 a.m.
- State Street will be closed from 3rd to North Park Row
- State Street from North Park Row to South Park Row
- West 4th from Peach Street to French Street
- Thursday, August 17 — 7 a.m.
- State Street from South Park Row to 10th Street
- North Park Row and South Park Row from Peach to French streets
- 8th Street from Peach to French streets
- Friday, August 18 — 7 a.m.
- All east and west routes that cross
- State Street from 5th to 9th street
Will be closed and will remain closed until late Monday afternoon August 21 for clean up.
In anticipation of large crowds, it is recommended to arrive early. Attendees can park in the following areas:
- Side streets adjacent to the event
- Peach Street Garage (712 Peach Street)
- Erie Parking Authority Garage B (24 E 8th Street)
- East 10th Street Garage (25 E 10th Street)
- West 9th Street Garage (120 W 9th Street)
- Handicapped parking is available on the north side of W 7th Street between State St. and Peach St.
EMTA is rerouting its downtown Erie routes because of street closures for CelebrateErie and construction downtown:
- Inbound routes will use 12th street to Holland street, 6th street to French street and back on route.
- Routes 31 and 32 will use 6th street to Sassafras street, to 12th street, to Holland street, to 6th street, to French street and back on route. These routes will use Peach street to 6th street outbound and back on route.
- Trolleys will still service the Intermodal Transportation Center to the 7th and French street
- The shelters located at 2nd and State street will not be serviced until Monday, August 21.
The myStop app can be used to track your bus in real-time for the remainder of the weekend.
The CelebrateErie website states dogs are not permitted unless it’s a certified service animal. Do not bring chairs to watch the mainstage concerts as it is standing room only.
Due to the anticipated crowds, bikes, hoverboards and skateboards are not permitted. Click here for hotel options in Erie.