The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports as of 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 16, there were 6,024 new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide cumulative case count to 1,660,087.
The department is also reporting there were 150 new deaths identified by the Pennsylvania death registry at the same time, for a total of 32,633 deaths statewide.
There are 2,848 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 631 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to decrease. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Nov. 5 – Nov. 11 stood at 10.3 percent.
Between Jan. 1, 2021 and Nov. 2, 2021, data shows the overwhelming majority of cases, hospitalizations and deaths were among unvaccinated, or not fully vaccinated, people:
- 88 percent of reported COVID-19 cases were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 90 percent of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis/cause of admission were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 89 percent of COVID-19-related deaths were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Nov. 16, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Nov. 16, 73.3 percent of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated and account for the additional doses administered to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. Demographic data associated with the vaccinations was also updated. The updates are part of the department’s continuous work to improve the quality of data and statistical reporting to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 14,749,373 total vaccine doses, including 1,204,631 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots).
- 86,293 total pediatric vaccines doses (ages 5-11) have been administered.
- 6,552,020 people are fully vaccinated; with 59,692 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 49,400 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania except Philadelphia are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 270,124 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 67,100 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 48,555 cases among employees, for a total of 115,655.
Approximately 32,930 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,829,320 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists