AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Soccer legend Diego Maradona dies at 60
- Saban tests positive for COVID-19, will miss Iron Bowl
- Ravens vs. Steelers game postponed to Sunday at 1:15 pm with no fans at Heinz Field
- Big Game Bound Week 12: Lions’ Thanksgiving tradition & best NFL rivalries
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football
- Big Ten announced start time for Penn State-Michigan football game
- Penn State falls to Iowa, starts 0-5 for first time ever
- Former Penn State player details fight with Micah Parsons, claims James Franklin told him not to talk to police, according to ESPN
- Big Game Bound Week 11: Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon
- NFL requires all 32 teams to enter intensive COVID-19 protocol for remainder of 2020 season