According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Erie County has 50 new positive cases of COVID-19. The total in the county now stands at 17,074.
Elsewhere in the region:
- Crawford County is reporting 17 new cases.
- Warren County is reporting two new cases.
- Chautauqua County is reporting eight new cases.
- Ashtabula County has yet to report today’s numbers.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 2,786 new positive cases of COVID-19 as of 12 a.m. February 24, bringing the statewide total to 920,634.
The department is also reporting 76 new deaths, for a statewide total of 23,787 deaths.
There are 1,963 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 418 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is about 3,700 lower than it was at the peak on December 25, 2020. However, the current 14-day average is just below what it was at the height of the spring peak on May 3, 2020. Statewide percent positivity for the week of February 12 – February 18 stood at 6.5%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- This week, a total of 3,172,900 doses will have been allocated through February 27:
- 225,890 first doses will have been allocated this week.
- 180,610 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, of the 3,172,900 doses allocated through February 27, we have administered 2,083,277 doses total through February 23:
- First doses, 82 percent (1,498,265 administered of 1,836,065 allocated)
- Second doses, 44 percent (585,012 administered of 1,336,835 allocated)
- In Erie County — 38,262 total vaccinations
- In Crawford County — 20,364 total vaccinations
- In Warren County — 6,463 total vaccinations
To date, 3,843,793 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
Watch today’s news conference on COVID-19 in Erie County live on Jet 24, Fox 66, YourErie.com or on the YourErie 2Go App.