The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 3,686 new positive cases of COVID-19 as of 12 a.m. April 27, bringing the statewide total to 1,143,076.
The department is also reporting 57 new deaths, for a total of 26,129 deaths statewide.
There are 2,448 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 516 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is about 3,400 lower than it was at the peak on December 25, 2020. The current 14-day average continues to increase, but it is still below what it was at the height of the spring peak on May 3, 2020.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of April 16 – April 22 stood at 8.6%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday morning, April 28, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 48.1% of its eligible population, and the state ranks 10th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday morning, April 28, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- Vaccine providers have administered 8,226,293 total vaccine doses as of Wednesday, April 28.
- 3,292,263 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 93,800 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,916,425 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 5,208,688 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 8,326,640 doses will have been allocated through May 1:
- 297,520 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 276,520 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, the department has administered 8,226,293 doses total through April 28:
- First/single doses: 5,208,688 administered
- Second doses: 3,017,605 administered
To date, 4,373,088 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.