The Pennsylvania Department of Health today confirmed as of 12:00 a.m., May 29th, that there were 832 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,201,375.
There are 1,107 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 278 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is coming down, after peaking at 2,661 patients which is slightly below what it was at the height of the spring 2020 peak of 2,751 patients on May 3rd, 2020.
The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of May 14th – 20th stood at 4.5%.
As of 11:59 p.m., Friday, May 28th, there were 16 new deaths identified by the Pennsylvania death registry, reported for a total of 27,203 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Saturday morning, May 29, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 58 percent of its entire population, and the state ranks 9th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Saturday morning, May 29, 53.5% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
- According to the CDC, as of Saturday morning, May 29, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Vaccine providers have administered 10,520,581 total vaccine doses as of Saturday, May 29.
- 4,664,953 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 56,185 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,578,335 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,243,288 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 10,749,200 doses will have been allocated through May 29:
- 297,520 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 297,520 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, we have administered 10,520,581 doses total through May 29:
- First/single doses: 6,243,288 administered
- Second doses: 4,277,293 administered
Fully vaccinated people may choose not to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless the business or organization requires it, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
There are 161,851 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 638 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
There are 4,594,728 individuals who have tested negative to date.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there are 71,707 resident cases of COVID-19, and 15,407 cases among employees, for a total of 87,114 at 1,592 distinct facilities in all 67 counties.
Out of total deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 13,278 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities. A county breakdown can be found here.
Note that the number of deaths reported to NEDSS is not exactly the same as the COVID-19 related deaths reported by the death registry.
The number of deaths among nursing and personal care home residents and employees is taken from the PA-NEDSS death data, as this information is not available in the death registry data.
Approximately 28,739 of our total cases are among health care workers.