The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 3,742 new positive cases of COVID-19. This brings the statewide total to 1,544,463 cases statewide.
The department is also reporting 79 new deaths as of 11:59 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25 for a statewide total at 31,055.
There are 2,786 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 683 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients remains consistent. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Oct. 15 – Oct. 21 stood at 9.2 percent.
The number of COVID-19 cases among school-aged children (between 5-18 years old) nearly six times greater this year than in 2020.
Between Oct. 13 and Oct. 19, 2020, there were a total of 1,052 COVID-19 cases in school-aged kids compared to 5,877 cases in the same age group during the same week in 2021.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Monday, Oct. 25, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Monday, Oct. 25, 71.4 percent of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 13,640,792 total vaccine doses, including 504,841 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots), as of Tuesday, Oct. 26.
- 6,430,440 people are fully vaccinated; with 42,823 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 24,600 people per day receiving vaccinations.
There are 246,344 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 79,077 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 17,185 cases among employees, for a total of 96,262.
Approximately 32,310 of total cases have been among health care workers.
There are 5,683,738 individuals who have tested negative to date.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists