The Erie County Department of Health is reporting 84 new cases of COVID-19, and one new death in the county.
The cumulative total in the county since March 2020 now stands at 22,790, with 487 total deaths reported in NEDSS.
Erie County residents are encouraged to wear masks while the county is in a substantial or high rate of transmission.
According to the CDC, Erie County is listed as having a high rate of transmission. There are only two counties in the state that are listed as substantial at this time.
A statewide masking order is in place for everyone indoors at K-12 public schools, including brick and mortar and cyber charter schools, private and parochial schools, career and technical centers (CTCs), and intermediate units (IUs).
The order also applies to early learning programs and child care providers for children ages 2 and older, as recommended by the CDC.
Find vaccines near you:
- text your ZIP Code to 438829
- visit vaccines.gov
- call 1-800-232-0233
Find a Mobile Vaccination Clinic near you:
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 1 to 3 p.m. at Waterford Community Fair, 13012 Route 19 S, Waterford
- Monday, Sept. 13, 3 to 5 p.m. at Sisters of Saint Joseph Neighborhood Network Little Italy Farmers Market, 331 West 18th St., Erie
- Wednesday, Sept. 15, 9 to 11 a.m. at Bethany Outreach Center, 254 East 10th St., Erie
- Friday, Sept. 17, 5 to 7 p.m. at Erie’s Wild Rib Cook Off and Music Festival (Erie Ribfest), Perry Square Park, State St., Erie
- Saturday, Sept. 18, 1 to 3 p.m. at Albion Area Fair, 35 East State St., Albion
For the full schedule of upcoming mobile clinics and other free clinics, visit eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists