The Erie County Department of Health is reporting 55 new cases of COVID-19 and one new death as of 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 6.
Over Labor Day weekend:
- 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 5 — 69 new cases
- 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 4 — 54 new cases
- 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 3 — 81 new cases
This brings the cumulative total in the county since March 2020 to 23,142 with 488 total deaths reported in NEDSS.
Get tested for COVID-19:
- Tuesdays at BTW Center & UPMC
- Wednesdays at Quality of Life Learning Center & LECOM
- Thursdays at MLK Center & Allegheny Health Network/Highmark
According to the CDC, Erie County is listed as having a high rate of transmission with a 7.98% positivity rate.
58.5% of the county is fully vaccinated, with 39 new hospital admissions, as reported by the CDC for the week of Aug. 28 – Sept. 3.
The CDC recommends everyone in counties with substantial to high transmission rates wear masks indoors.
A mask mandate is currently in place for all K-12 schools in the state until further notice.
According to the Erie County Department of Health, wearing a mask that covers the mouth and nose has been proven to reduce the spread of infectious respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19. Studies on the effects of wearing masks have proved that there is no change in oxygen or carbon dioxide levels when people wear cloth and surgical masks while resting and exercising.
Find vaccines near you:
- text your ZIP Code to 438829
- visit vaccines.gov
- call 1-800-232-0233
Upcoming mobile vaccination clinics (no insurance needed, walk-ups welcome):
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 1 to 3 p.m. at Waterford Community Fair, 13012 Route 19 S, Waterford
- Monday, Sept. 13, 3 to 5 p.m. at Sisters of Saint Joseph Neighborhood Network Little Italy Farmers
- Market, 331 West 18th St., Erie
- Wednesday, Sept. 15, 9 to 11 a.m. at Bethany Outreach Center, 254 East 10th St., Erie
- Friday, Sept. 17, 5 to 7 p.m. at Erie’s Wild Rib Cook Off and Music Festival (Erie Ribfest), Perry
- Square Park, State St., Erie
- Saturday, Sept. 18, 1 to 3 p.m. at Albion Area Fair, 35 East State St., Albion
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists