The Erie County Department of Health is reporting a three-day total of 414 new cases of COVID-19, along with 5 new deaths.
The cumulative total in the county now stands at 28,113, with 525 total deaths since March 2020.
Case totals from the weekend:
|Day||Positive cases reported|
|11:59 p.m. on Oct. 16||116|
|11:59 p.m. on Oct. 15||156|
|11:59 p.m. on Oct. 17||142|
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, between Jan. 1 and Oct. 4, 2021 in Pennsylvania:
- 93% of COVID-19-related deaths were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 93% of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis or cause of admission were in unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or unknown vaccination status individuals.
- 91% of reported COVID-19 cases were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
A mask mandate is currently in place for all K-12 schools in the state until further notice.
- Monday, Oct. 18, 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. Sisters of Saint Joseph Neighborhood Network Soup Kitchen, Saint Paul Community Center, 453 W. 16th St., Erie
Find vaccines near you:
- text your ZIP Code to 438829
- visit vaccines.gov
- call 1-800-232-0233
- Thursday, Oct. 21, 5 to 8 p.m. Iroquois High School, 4301 Main St., Erie
Visit eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-testing-information for the full schedule of upcoming mobile testing clinics and other testing sites.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists