The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 17,445 new positive cases of COVID-19 between 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 18 and 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 21, bringing the statewide total to 1,691,773.
The department is also reporting 106 new deaths between Thursday and Sunday, bringing the statewide total to 32,931 deaths.
There are 3,097 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 734 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to decrease. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Nov. 12 – Nov. 18 increased to 11.7%.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Sunday, Nov. 21, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Sunday, Nov. 21, 73.6% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated and account for the additional doses administered to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. Demographic data associated with the vaccinations was also updated. The updates are part of the department’s continuous work to improve the quality of data and statistical reporting to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 15,019,748 total vaccine doses, including 1,349,480 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots).
- 125,886 total pediatric vaccines doses (ages 5-11) have been administered.
- 6,577,097 people are fully vaccinated; with 147,756 vaccinations administered since Friday and a seven-day moving average of more than 49,600 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 276,328 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 67,679 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 49,237 cases among employees, for a total of 116,916.
Approximately 33,231 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,863,946 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists