The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 4,312 new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,552,953.
The department is also reporting 95 new deaths, for a statewide total of 31,292 deaths.
There are 2,838 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 663 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients remains consistent. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Oct. 15 – Oct. 21 stood at 9.2%.
The number of COVID-19 cases among school-aged children (between 5-18 years old) is nearly six times greater this year than in 2020.
Between Oct. 13 and Oct. 19, 2020, there were a total of 1,052 COVID-19 cases in school-aged kids compared to 5,877 cases in the same age group during the same week in 2021.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Oct. 27, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Oct. 27, 71.4% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated and account for the additional doses administered to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. Demographic data associated with the vaccinations was also updated. The updates are part of the department’s continuous work to improve the quality of data and statistical reporting to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 13,730,668 total vaccine doses, including 605,293 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots), as of Thursday, Oct. 28.
- 6,440,640 people are fully vaccinated; with 65,193 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 28,800 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 248,208 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 79,336 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 17,253 cases among employees, for a total of 96,589.
Approximately 32,413 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,697,697 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists