The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 4,812 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,359,263.
The department is reporting 45 new deaths, for a statewide total of 28,696 deaths.
There are 2,308 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 580 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to increase again. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Sept. 3 – Sept. 9 stood at 9.1%.
A comparison of cases among school-aged children between 5-18 for the first week in September 2021 and 2020 shows the number of cases in the age group this year is nearly 10 times greater the same timeframe in 2020.
Between Sept. 4 and Sept. 10, 2020, there were a total of 574 COVID-19 cases in the age group compared to Sept. 2 and Sept. 8, 2021, when there were 5,371 cases in the same age group.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Sept. 14, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Sept. 14, 67.3% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 12,480,139 total vaccine doses, including 58,758 additional doses authorized for people who are immunocompromised, as of Wednesday, Sept. 15.
- 6,082,996 people are fully vaccinated; with 18,715 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 14,700 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 211,985 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 75,273 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 16,105 cases among employees, for a total of 91,378.
Approximately 30,624 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,282,761 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists