The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 5,071 new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,402,826.
The department is also reporting 34 new deaths, for a statewide total 29,064 deaths.
There are 2,641 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 662 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to increase again. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Sept. 10 – Sept. 16 stood at 8.9%.
The number of COVID-19 cases among school-aged children (between 5-18 years old) is 12.2 times greater this year than in 2020.
Between Sept. 15 and Sept. 21, 2020, there were a total of 650 COVID-19 cases in school-aged kids compared to 7,928 cases in the same age group during the same week in 2021.
A mask mandate is currently in place for all K-12 schools in the state until further notice.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday, Sept. 23, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday, Sept. 23, 68.2% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 12,645,207 total vaccine doses, including 75,146 additional doses authorized for people who are immunocompromised, as of Friday, Sept. 24.
- 6,175,591 people are fully vaccinated; with 16,491 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 15,400 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 219,998 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 75,932 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 16,273 cases among employees, for a total of 92,205.
Approximately 30,952 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,290,149 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists