The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 9,143 new positive cases of COVID-19 as of 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 1, bringing the statewide total to 1,753,669.
The department is also reporting 128 new deaths, bringing the statewide total to 33,649 deaths.
Currently, there are 3,939 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 858 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients is increasing. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Nov. 19 – Nov. 25 stood at 12.1 percent.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Dec. 1, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Dec. 1, 69.3 percent of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated July 9 and Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated and account for the additional doses administered to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. Demographic data associated with the vaccinations was also updated. The updates are part of the department’s continuous work to improve the quality of data and statistical reporting to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 15,482,008 total vaccine doses, including 1,589,246 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots).
- 189,882 total pediatric vaccines doses (ages 5-11) have been administered.
- 6,650,102 people are fully vaccinated; with 65,457 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 37,500 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 288,116 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 68,415 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 50,604 cases among employees, for a total of 119,019.
Out of total deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 15,152 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
To date, 5,917,901 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists