The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 16,287 new positive cases of COVID-19 between Saturday, Oct. 9 and Tuesday, Oct. 12. This brings the statewide total to 1,486,134.
For the same time period, the department is also reporting 151 new deaths, bringing the statewide total to 30,058 deaths.
There are 2,967 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 670 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to increase. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Oct. 1 – Oct. 7 stood at 9.6%.
The number of COVID-19 cases among school-aged children (between 5-18 years old) is more than 9 times greater this year than in 2020.
Between Sept. 29 and Oct. 5, 2020, there were a total of 778 COVID-19 cases in school-aged kids compared to 7,046 cases in the same age group during the same week in 2021.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Saturday, Oct. 9, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Saturday, Oct. 9, 69.7% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 13,135,136 total vaccine doses, including 277,081 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots), as of Tuesday, Oct. 12.
- 6,297,593 people are fully vaccinated; with 11,220 vaccinations administered since Friday and a seven-day moving average of more than 25,600 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
There are 233,867 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 77,592 resident cases of COVID-19 to date, and 16,598 cases among employees, for a total of 94,190.
Approximately 31,508 of total cases have been among health care workers.
To date, 5,574,761 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists