The Erie County Department of Health is reporting 126 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths as of 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 26.
This brings the cumulative total in the county since March 2020 to 29,166 with 538 total deaths reported in NEDSS.
The CDC recommends everyone wear masks indoors in areas with substantial to high transmission rates. All counties in Pennsylvania are currently listed as having high transmission rates.
A mask mandate is currently in place for all K-12 schools in the state until further notice.
Find vaccines near you:
- text your ZIP Code to 438829
- visit vaccines.gov
- call 1-800-232-0233
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH), between Jan. 1 and Oct. 4, 2021 in Pennsylvania:
- 93 percent of COVID-19-related deaths were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 93 percent of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis or cause of admission were in unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or unknown vaccination status individuals.
- 91 percent of reported COVID-19 cases were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
For the full schedule of upcoming mobile testing clinics and other testing sites, click HERE.
Where you can get tested:
- Thursday, Oct. 28, 5 to 8 p.m. Presque Isle Down and Casino, 8199 Perry Highway, Erie
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists.