The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 1,730 new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,188,845.
The department is also reporting 38 new deaths, for a total of 26,871 deaths statewide.
There are 1,436 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 342 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
Fully vaccinated people may choose not to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless the business or organization requires it, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is coming down, after peaking at 2,661 patients which is slightly below what it was at the height of the spring 2020 peak of 2,751 patients on May 3, 2020. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of May 7 – May 13 stood at 5.3%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning, May 18, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 54.8% of its entire population, and the state ranks 9th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning, May 18, 49.1% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning, May 18, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Vaccine providers have administered 9,785,235 total vaccine doses as of Tuesday, May 18.
- 4,242,190 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 60,600 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,653,191 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 5,895,381 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 10,154,160 doses will have been allocated through May 22:
- 300,320 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 297,520 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, the department has administered 9,785,235 doses total through May 17:
- First/single doses: 5,895,381 administered
- Second doses: 3,889,854 administered
There are 159,389 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 638 people who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
To date, 4,526,726 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.