The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 5,060 new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,092,852. (The lab that began submitting data to the department this week is still getting caught up and submitted an additional 307 positive antigen test results that were collected more than four days ago.)
The department is also reporting 44 new deaths, for a total of 25,566 deaths statewide.
There are 2,580 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 542 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is about 3,700 lower than it was at the peak on December 25, 2020. The current 14-day average is also below what it was at the height of the spring peak on May 3, 2020. However, the moving average of number of hospitalized patients has started to increase.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of April 2 – April 8 stood at 9.5%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, April 15, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 40.7% of its eligible population, and the state ranks 10th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, April 15, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- Vaccine providers have administered 6,736,568 total vaccine doses as of Thursday, April 15.
- 2,555,581 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 103,000 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,872,469 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 4,428,050 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 7,180,370 doses will have been allocated through April 17:
- 296,620 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 303,110 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, the department has administered 6,600,130 doses total through April 15:
- First/single doses: 4,428,050 administered
- Second doses: 2,308,518 administered
To date, 4,259,382 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.