The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 6,638 new positive cases of COVID-19 as of 12 a.m. April 13, bringing the statewide total to 1,082,062.
The department is also reporting 66 new deaths, for a statewide total of 25,472 deaths.
There are 2,474 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 534 people are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per day is about 3,800 lower than it was at the peak on December 25, 2020. The current 14-day average is also below what it was at the height of the spring peak on May 3, 2020. However, the moving average of number of hospitalized patients has started to increase.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of April 2 – April 8 stood at 9.5%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning, April 13, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 39.5% of its eligible population, and the state ranks 11th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning, April 13, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- Vaccine providers have administered 6,503,362 total vaccine doses as of Tuesday, April 13.
- 2,448,072 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 90,800 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,842,483 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 4,290,555 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 7,180,370 doses will have been allocated through April 17:
- 296,620 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 303,110 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, the department has administered 6,503,362 doses total through April 13:
- First/single doses: 4,290,555 administered
- Second doses: 2,212,807 administered
To date, 4,242,714 people have tested negative in Pennsylvania.