JET 24 is looking to hire an experienced Sales Account Executive.
WJET TV is seeking an experienced Sales Account Executive professional with a minimum of 2 years in media sales or outside sales experience. Successful candidate must have proven track record for developing new business and growing existing business. Must be able to work successfully in a multi-platform environment selling both television and Digital products. Looking for an energetic, creative, solution oriented problem solver who wants to win!
- Responsibilities include managing agency business, new business generation, client relationship building, and presentation to a diverse customer base. The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in outside sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- A strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Wide Orbit a plus.